Monday, November 28, 2011

11-28-11 Transferred!

This week was interesting... But all in all it was good, the 3 families are doing well, and as you know I was transferred today. So Yesterday was goodbye to the families and some other members of the ward (including Roosevelt) and the bishop. We were both transferred, which doesn't make sense to me. We left the area book actualized and the area is now in the hands of 2 elders who don't even know where their house is! I was pretty sad to leave all the people I love here but happy to be able to move on with my mission- I spent a total of almost 8 months in San Martin.

I will be a zone leader now in Gaibu, a little town on the beach close to Cabo (and Ponte dos Carvalhos). The area doesn't have a ward or a branch, just a group of about 30 people who meet every Sunday. I already went to Gaibu on a division with Elder Wells once, and it is a really pretty place. My new companion is from São Paulo, Elder Casuccio, who seems to be a good guy.

I GOT SOME LETTERS TODAY, I THINK ONE FROM EM, ONE FROM LEILANI, AND ONE FROM MOM, BUT I HAVEN'T OPENED THEM YET.

[We learned through Facebook that Jon was being transferred before he wrote this letter...]
YEAH I'LL MISS SAN MARTIN BUT IT IS NICE TO KNOW THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO PASS AND VISIT THESE PEOPLE AGAIN!

[Regarding Thanksgiving: ] YUMMM I DIDN'T EVEN REMEMBER THAT IT WAS THANKSGIVING.... WE DIDN'T EVEN EAT DINNER THAT NIGHT. I THINK I ATE SOME WAFER COOKIES.....

LOVE YOU TOO, KEEP PRAYING FOR THE PEOPLE IN SAN MARTIN AND NOW ADD TO YOUR PRAYERS THAT THE WORK IN GAIBU CAN PICK UP! (APPARENTLY IT'S NOT TOO GREAT RIGHT NOW) LOVE YOU ALL
-Elder Hooke


No comments:

Post a Comment