Monday, September 26, 2011

9-26-11 Normal week...

26 Sep 2011

hello family
The week was pretty dang normal. We have been pretty tired and sem ânimo and the whole mission is really suffering. Normally during a month the zone that I'm in baptizes 20 to 30 people, and this month we baptized 6!  I don't really know why honestly, I only know that in our area things are tough. 
We do have a few people that we are working with, including Alice (Ruan's cousin) who will probably be baptized between the sessions of conference on Sunday. She's doing really well, she was at church and has some friends there, so she has a good support system to be able to stay active.
Last week at church I think I told you about the couple, Edmilson and Zinha, they went to church and we started teaching them. We taught them 3 times last week and they are progressing really well. They read the Book of Mormon together and pray consistently together now. Edmilson already accepted the invite to be baptized, but seeing as they are not married, we will tomorrow try to mark a wedding and baptism date. I don't know if I told you last week but Zinha is a member that stopped going to church a few years ago, but still has a strong testimony and is gonna keep going now. We've had some great lessons with them and I feel like we (or actually God) have/has been able to help them a lot already.


Thank you love you too- sorry for not being able to respond to everything, I am almost out of time.
love
elder hooke

No comments:

Post a Comment